Skip to main content

This & That

Hhhmmm….

Starting the post with a quick update.

The worst thing that could have happened to me, took place on the fateful evening of 27th June, when the office order for change in existing seating arrangement was circulated.

Uprooted from my cozy place…where I could spend my free time browsing my favourite Sites …catching up with friends etc, now I sit (uncomfortably) with my computer screen clearly visible to the prying eyes of passersby.

Review presentation over. Was something of a task…..describing the value addition in me (where there had been none) and giving details of the (managerial) activities I’d been involved in during the past year ( where all I’d done was donkey’s work).

Another bit of news, that made my day, was when I got to know that my friend is expecting. The one who was with me in school centuries ago… God!! How fast time flies.

Nothing very great happening on the personal front.

Guess that sums it up.

Now coming back to where I stopped.

JK Rowling Rocks.

On the much awaited morning of 21st July...I was one amongst the many proud owners of the 7th of Harry Potter Series, the Last one…..The Deathly Hallows... :-)

Read the last one…….re-reading... :-) Simply Too good for words.…

Only the last chapter was slightly disappointing…it sounded similar to an episode straight out of Ekta Kapoor’s eternal sagas (10 + 5 + 5 +… years)

Sad but true… all good things have to come to an end….Sigh..

Nothing more to report.

PS – Thnx dear – Me writing this blog only because you wanted me to

Comments

Maria said…
If I may sweetheart -

That's a nice blog - I'm glad you din't spill the beans - din't tell me what happened in the end to Harry or you would have ended with less number of teeth and more number of bones! Lol.. yeah sis, that Potter book is still eagerly awaited. So use the "snail mail" and send it across!! ASAP!
journeyman said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
journeyman said…
hmmm...bahut shukriya badi meherbani.
umeed karta hu aap regularly kuch likha karengi....

read your "I Need You" again..inarguably one of my favourites...
journeyman said…
that's what makes u the best baby.. the smile u carry all along.. :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Kedarkantha Memoires - 1st – 6th April 2017

Exhilarating! Breathtaking ! Absolutely Fantastic! Words fall short to describe the 4 days of trek to Kedarkantha summit , a journey, that was like a breath of fresh air, breaking the monotony of our mundane lives, giving us the instant boost and a treasure trove of memories! Want to pen down the experience, before it starts to fade gradually, till only the faint highlights remain, of what was one of the best experiences of my life. Day 0: We prepared to leave for Dehradun by train from New Delhi.  Sleepy, since the train scheduled to depart at 11:50 PM, is usually late by 15-20 mins. Day 1: Reached Dehradun. Pickup organized by Indiahkes team. Dehradun station is the pickup point for several treks – Nag Tibba, Har Ki Dun & Kedarkantha. Seeing fellow trekkers, with the standard decathlon gear gives rise to a feeling of camaraderie. Couple of enquiries later, 3 of us are in a bolero, accompanied by 2 guys from Indore, on our way to a quaint village by the nam

Losing A Piece of My Soul...

I came to you the hour I was in pain Looking for answers, I cried to you in vain. I shared the many skeletons hiding in my heart,I knew then you'd be my friend, I knew it from the start. Troubles ran like rivers, flowing through my life, You picked the pieces up and help me through my strife. When home wasn't home to me no more, You opened up your heart, and opened up the door. We cried into night until the early morn. We solaced each other's pain and shared our many thorns. As time flew, the air grew thick, I saw our friendship fading, and my heart grew sick. The day had arrived,When it was time to say goodbye. Now I sit alone,reminiscing the past I'd blown .