Skip to main content

Still He Walked..

He could hear the crowds screaming "crucify" "crucify"...
He could hear the hatred in their voices,
These were his chosen people. He loved them,
And they were going to crucify him.
He was beaten, bleeding and weakened... his heart was broken,
But still He walked
He could see the crowd as he came from the palace.
He knew each of the faces so well.
He had created them.He knew every smile, laugh, and shed tear,
But now they were contorted with rage and anger...his heart broke,
But still He walked.
Was he scared? You and I would have been,
so his humanness wouldHave mandated that he was.
He felt alone. His disciplesHad left, denied, and even betrayed him.
He searched the crowd for a loving face and he saw very few.
Then he turned his eyes to the only one that mattered
And he knew that he would never be alone.
He looked back at the crowd, at the people who were spittingAt him,
throwing rocks at him and mocking him
and he knewThat because of him,
they would never be alone.
So for them, He walked.
The sounds of the hammer striking the spikes echoed throughThe crowd.
The sounds of his cries echoed even louder,
The cheers of the crowd,
as his hands and feetWere nailed to the cross, intensified with each blow.
Loudest of all was the still small voice inside hisHeart that whispered
"I am with you my son",And God's heart broke.
He had let his son walk.
Jesus could have asked God to end his suffering,
But instead he asked God to forgive,
Not to forgive him,But to forgive the ones who were persecuting him.
As he hung on that cross, dying an unimaginable death,
He looked out and saw, not only the faces in the crowd,
But also, the face of every person yet to be,
And his heart filled with love.As his body was dying, his heart was alive.
Alive withThe limitless, unconditional love he feels for each of us.
That is why He walked.
When I forget how much My God loves me,
I remember his walk.
When I wonder if I can be forgiven,I remember his walk.
When I need reminded of how to live like Christ,I think of his walk.
And to show him how much I love him,
I wake up each morning, turn my eyes to him
And I walk

Comments

journeyman said…
ooh baby... nice one there... he gives u a reason to walk and u give me a reason to think and also to smile... will be hope life is treating u fine.. keep walking and smiling

Popular posts from this blog

Kedarkantha Memoires - 1st – 6th April 2017

Exhilarating! Breathtaking ! Absolutely Fantastic! Words fall short to describe the 4 days of trek to Kedarkantha summit , a journey, that was like a breath of fresh air, breaking the monotony of our mundane lives, giving us the instant boost and a treasure trove of memories! Want to pen down the experience, before it starts to fade gradually, till only the faint highlights remain, of what was one of the best experiences of my life. Day 0: We prepared to leave for Dehradun by train from New Delhi.  Sleepy, since the train scheduled to depart at 11:50 PM, is usually late by 15-20 mins. Day 1: Reached Dehradun. Pickup organized by Indiahkes team. Dehradun station is the pickup point for several treks – Nag Tibba, Har Ki Dun & Kedarkantha. Seeing fellow trekkers, with the standard decathlon gear gives rise to a feeling of camaraderie. Couple of enquiries later, 3 of us are in a bolero, accompanied by 2 guys from Indore, on our way to a quaint village by the nam

This & That

Hhhmmm…. Starting the post with a quick update. The worst thing that could have happened to me, took place on the fateful evening of 27 th June, when the office order for change in existing seating arrangement was circulated. Uprooted from my cozy place…where I could spend my free time browsing my favourite Sites …catching up with friends etc, now I sit (uncomfortably) with my computer screen clearly visible to the prying eyes of passersby. Review presentation over. Was something of a task…..describing the value addition in me (where there had been none) and giving details of the (managerial) activities I’d been involved in during the past year ( where all I’d done was donkey’s work). Another bit of news, that made my day, was when I got to know that my friend is expecting. The one who was with me in school centuries ago… God!! How fast time flies. Nothing very great happening on the personal front. Guess that sums it up. Now coming back to where I s

Losing A Piece of My Soul...

I came to you the hour I was in pain Looking for answers, I cried to you in vain. I shared the many skeletons hiding in my heart,I knew then you'd be my friend, I knew it from the start. Troubles ran like rivers, flowing through my life, You picked the pieces up and help me through my strife. When home wasn't home to me no more, You opened up your heart, and opened up the door. We cried into night until the early morn. We solaced each other's pain and shared our many thorns. As time flew, the air grew thick, I saw our friendship fading, and my heart grew sick. The day had arrived,When it was time to say goodbye. Now I sit alone,reminiscing the past I'd blown .